Here are some useful hints for using Blender:
- Save your work regularly.
- Increment the file name with each new stage or part of your design. That way you can always go back to a previous step if you have to redo something.
- Backup your files regularly. You can automate this by using Dropbox.
- Use spacebar to find commands: If you cannot remember a command, you can search for it using the spacebar in the 3D view.
- Create transparent background renderings: In the ‘Render’ properties, configure ‘Output’ to ‘RGBA’ and ‘Shading’ ‘Alpha’ to ‘Transparent’.